Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New performance details released today!
View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2014
JediDave
PONY Member

Garage
NoVa5.0:

Our cars are muscle (Pony) cars and not true sports cars. The Corvette, M3, and 911's are true "drivers" sports cars. Mustangs were originally low budget cars stuffed with big engines, and that's how Shelby surprised everyone winning the big races.

I will never confuse my GT/CS with a real road car such as a Corvette or 911. The factory shifter and drivetrain is pretty much "junk" compared to the quality parts that are in the Corvette and 911.

Oh, don't believe me....well, I've included just one small example of many for your consideration. The shifter bracket on the left, yes the one with the zip ties holding it together, is the Ford factory OEM version included in both the GT and Boss 302. The picture on the right is one that many of us upgrade too, the Barton. I myself chose the Steeda version.

NoVa5.0, don't get to arrogant or cocky about your opinions about Mustang being a sports car. Many of us on these forums have been involved with Mustangs since the 1960's. My current 2014 GT/CS is my 15th since high school in 1979....I've owned them all!

Cheers!

Jedi D.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	null_zps06706c8d.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	770.7 KB
ID:	366010  

2014 Mustang GT Coupe Premium. Options include: California Special package, comfort package, navigation, glass roof, shaker pro system, 3.73 ratio limited slip axle, GT front grill/fogs, MGW race spec shifter, BBK X-Pipe, Corsa GT500 Quad Sport axle-back, Ford Racing ProCal tune. "If I wanted insane HP, I would have purchased a 2014 Shelby GT500!"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome