Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Mach 460 speakers issues
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2014
alleymad95GT
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

It looks like the wiring harnesses are partially intact. I believe (don't quote me - it has been years since I put a stereo in my old sn) one of the three connectors you showed hook up to the harness adapter I referenced before. It is one of the two square ones, I think the one with the larger diameter gray wire going into it, although I am not positive. I believe (don't quote me if I am wrong because my car didn't have this feature) that the smaller square one was the connector between the Mach 460 head unit and the CD player that fit in the hole under it. The third connector with the red on it I am not so sure...

There should be a larger (wider) rectangular connector that is I think 8 pins wide and has a big bundle of smaller speaker wire sized wire going into it from the factory harness.

Here is the part with a pic of the two connectors that your factory harness should plug into:

Metra Part # 70-5510 | Ford wire harness | Metra Online

Matt

2006 GT - Vortech polished w/ intercooler, Eibach suspension, Hurst short-throw, some other goodies - tuned by Paul's High Performance. It moves...

and it collects dust admirably while parked for repairs in the garage...

SOLD - 1995 Black Mustang GT, AODE. Loved it, but I had to let it go...

mjmalegalsolutions.com

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome