Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New performance details released today!
View Single Post
post #85 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2014
Fatopotomus
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Toronto View Post
I think if the car made a marginal improvement, 0-60 and 1/4 mile, they would have posted results a while ago. Not to long till we find out.
Ehh, the 0-60 and 1/4 mile are really not a concern to me. I mean of people who care about those numbers, who keeps their car stock? So lets say the S550 comes out as a 13.0 car vs. the S197's 12.8 - I would rather take the stiffer chasis, IRS, and better weight distribution (not to mention the improvements for the MT-82 and the internal improvements in the motor itself).

For the guys that live and die with 1/4 mile numbers, any deficit in the cars stock will be completely made up for after bolt ons.

Over the last few weeks I have been extremely close to pulling the trigger on a new 2014 track pack with all the incentives, but knowing that the S550 was months away with all the interesting revisions done to make it a better driver car as kept me from doing it.

Although, I do dislike the front end. Hopefuly,follow on MY's will have a facelift.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome