Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New performance details released today!
View Single Post
post #86 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2014
Jimmy Toronto
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatopotomus View Post
Ehh, the 0-60 and 1/4 mile are really not a concern to me. I mean of people who care about those numbers, who keeps their car stock? So lets say the S550 comes out as a 13.0 car vs. the S197's 12.8 - I would rather take the stiffer chasis, IRS, and better weight distribution (not to mention the improvements for the MT-82 and the internal improvements in the motor itself).

For the guys that live and die with 1/4 mile numbers, any deficit in the cars stock will be completely made up for after bolt ons.

Over the last few weeks I have been extremely close to pulling the trigger on a new 2014 track pack with all the incentives, but knowing that the S550 was months away with all the interesting revisions done to make it a better driver car as kept me from doing it.

Although, I do dislike the front end. Hopefuly,follow on MY's will have a facelift.
I agree with you, I just think we all wanted it to have more power than 435/400. I will test drive a 15 as soon as they get to my local dealership. But I do not see myself upgrading from the 14 track pack just yet.

2014 GT Track Pack. JLT CAI. 94 dyno Tune,MBRP street catback, LCA, PHB, Springs.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome