Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2015 Mustang GT vs. 2015 Challenger Hellcat
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2014
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstFord94 View Post
The Hellcat is a fantastic car and I'm glad that Chrysler went through with offering their muscle/pony car with more hp than the viper. I have to say that I like the look of the hellcat much more than the '15 mustang. However, the Challenger is a very old platform by now and if it wasn't for the awesome looks and 700+hp motor, it wouldn't be worth talking about.
I completely agree. The Challenger was voted the most liked "mid-size sporty car" in a recent JD Powers survey
Midsize sporty car - Dodge Challenger - Best-loved cars in America - CNNMoney

However, that doesn't seem to have translated to sales in the past. With the 2015 Mustang looking like 10 other cars, the Challenger may do better in future real sales.

Actually you don't need the "Helcat" to be competitive with the new Mustang. The 485 HP
HEMI will probably run away from the Mustang with the new 8 speed Torque-flight transmission.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome