Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Shaker 500 8" "subs" in Doors
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2014
Roush114
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbertrand View Post
I've been in conversation with Kicker and have learned just today that the Shelby/Kicker amp only powers the four 6x8s and not the door subs. Rather, that Shelby amp is a 4+1 with that +1 being an output for a trunk sub. At least in my 2013 premium, the OEM door subs, even if you install the Shelby/kicker amp, remain powered by the factory amp. I'm working with Kicker right now to identify the best way to add some thump to the Shelby/Kicker door subs that I installed. Trying to avoid installing trunk sub.
It's funny you say that. The same day I posted this I found out the same thing about the Kicker amp. I would have been pretty pissed if I had spent the money and then found out. I'm looking forward to hearing what the guys at Kicker have to say.

2007 Roush Stage 1,Roush Stage2Suspension,Bullitt Strut Brace,RoushCAI,BrenspeedTunes,RoushAxleBack Exhaust,SteedaUnderdrivePullies,SteedaSSBrakelines ,MGWshifter,PaintedRearAxle,Carbon FiberInterior,Leather, Stripes,Alpine CDA-9886 w/BostonAcousticsSpeakers/Shelby Kicker Subs,Sirius, BMR Adj Panhard Bar,CHE K-Member Brace with Torque Limiters,3D Carbon Eleanor Grille,Optima Yellow Top,RadiumEngineeringCatchCan,Shaftmasters Driveshaft,UMI Traction kit,StopTech slotted Rotors,EBC Reds.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome