Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - GT500 - Auto <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym> Option?
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2014
74gtstang
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
As per the title, I hope the next batch of high-performance cars (SVT, GT350/500, etc) have an option for an automatic. Just the mere option of it would allow people to cross-shop more effectively and also broaden sales. It's a win-win.

Those who want a manual will get one...those who want an automatic will get one. It doesn't get any more simple.

That being said...I wouldn't bet on actually seeing an auto for the 2016. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I don't see them doing it anytime soon.

The fact they put paddle shifters on the 6R80 for 2015, though...shows that they are making progress. Something to compete with the Chevy and Dodge offerings would be nice...as in ZL1 and Hellcat transmission choices.
+1 here. I believe it would increase sales, because bottom line, you can't sell it if you don't have it. Those wanting an auto will go elsewhere. Speaking from experience, and in my opinion, the newer autos are great. Very smooth shifting, easily tuned up or down, as you like and for those looking for simplicity....just stomp and go!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome