Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2015 2.3 Ecoboost vs 5.0 v8: Which one to buy?
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2014
gfresh6969
Apprentice

I'm really excited about the ecoboost stang and cant wait to see the modded numbers once boost is dialed up. I personally don't care if a mustang is a 4, 6 or 8 banger. As long as it gets good horsepower and fuel economy I'm down. Hell, I would love a boosted diesel 6 stang!

And for all the people who say if you bought a mustang you shouldn't worry about fuel economy aren't being practical. My pony is my daily commuter (I'm sure many here are as well) so I need to think about fuel economy and it needs to be reasonable. That's why I love my 6, I have 300whp and 30+mpg. I get my cake and eat it too. Now if I can have 350 or 400 whp and 35+mpg then I would just be ecstatic... that's why I'm excited about the ecoboost. So yes, horsepower in my mind is just as important as fuel economy...the more the better!

Plus, its very easy to get power for cheap in a turbo. Just tuning alone usually nets you around 50+hp. I had to add every single bolt on mod on my 6 to get that!

The ultimate deciding factor is can the motor handle the increased boost and how much. My friend had a tuned mazdaspeed 3 that made 300whp and his motor pretty much died at around 150k km.

2011 V6 6MT, Kona Blue, Premium, heated Saddle leather, 3.31, HID
***Procharged***
Mods: AIRAID CAI, Bama, Magnaflow Street CB, BBK S. Headers, BBK Catted X-Pipe, BBK 73TB, Strut Tower Brace, SR Springs 1.5, Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts, Bumpsteer Kit, Panhard Bar, LCAs, PowerStop Brake Kit, Black MGP Caliper Covers, GT500 Rear Diffuser, Roush Side Splitters, Stillen Front Chin, 30% Tint, LEDs, Black Super Snake Stripes, Polk/Alpine, Audio Control LC7i, RF 10" Sub, 19" Staggered AMRs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome