Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - GT350 naturally aspirated slightly larger displacement version of the 5.0. 500hp
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2014
G-Mann
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa5.0 View Post
Straight line speed is not the Mustang's only concern. For those that aren't picking up what Ford is putting down, the Mustang is a sports coupe, not a muscle car. It does stuff like going around turns and stopping quickly.

If you want to go fast in a straight line, get yourself a Hellcat. But please stop trying to compare it to a Mustang, they are two, completely and utterly different cars.
I agree but.....

The Mustang, camaro, challenger will forever be locked in comparison unless somebody does something really radical. The S550 does not do anything radical, certainly some of the major updates on the S550 are long overdue and already done by the competition, making it even more comparable.

When Challenger was getting spanked in all performance categories, they tried to cop out and say we really don't compare ourselves to the Mustang but they could not shake the comparison and answered with Hell cat. Admitting they don't stack up in other areas so here is 707 HP and how you like me now. Now they are the buzz.

The GT350 is not going to touch the challenger in a drag race but certainly Ford may have to do something in 2017. What is interesting is what will GM do if Ford decides to answer HellCat?

15 F22 M235i, JB4 Stage II, Cat delete, CAI
12 GT Prem 5.0 (Sold)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome