Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2015 ecoBoost engine...the fact no one is talking about.
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 08-13-2014
Liv4spd
PONY Member

I think the OP made some good points, although we will have to wait to see the results.

The 4 cyl Eco boost is designed for foreign countries, a lot of which charge heavy taxes based on the engine displacement.

I wish Ford could make a 3.7L V8 that has maybe 200 lb-ft of torque, and a redline of 15K RPM. Just like my Kawasaki Ninja. The sound and the thrill from the acceleration will be amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor boy View Post
I'm not sure how long a 4 cyl Eco boost will last as far as miles. I'm wondering why anyone would want one? I can't believe ford would put a 4 cyl in a mustang to begin with turbo or not . I think the mustang should be a v8 only car , with options as far as 5.0 , 5.8 , 427, you don't see any 4cyl corvettes

===
2014 Mustang V6 3.7L 6-spd manual, with MGW shifter, Airaid CAI, BBK shorty headers, Corsa Sport axle back, strut tower brace, JLT oil separator, GT500 differential cover, BG Synchro Shift II gear oil, Redline differential oil.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome