Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Gt's tire options
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2014
Don's Stang
PONY Member

I am a hater on the Pirelli P Zeros, but some say they have been improved since I had mine on my current mustang. I now have the Pilot Super Sports, and they are better in every way. Quieter, wear better, handle better, so much better in the rain. Though about the same when it gets cold, but in Georgia it doesn't get as cold as Massachusetts. So you might be able to get away with the summer only tires. After you get the tires warmed up it isn't that bad

Since the performance Package has 19x9 front 19x9.5 rears if you do go with the super sports 265/40 front 275/40 rears are a good combo that's what I am running on Boss 302 wheels same size as the 15's performance package. There a little better overall diameter setup than the Pirellis that will come on your car

One other little bonus with the super sports, they have better rim protection than the Pirellis. The tire sticks out a little over 1/4 of a inch past the rim, so the tire does a much better job protecting the rim form curb damage

2011 VMPcharged GT Auto, RGR/JPC Motor, Borla Touring, Alum Driveshaft, tuned by VMP [email protected]

Fired up the willing engine, responding with a roar.Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime.Wind in my hair Shifting and drifting Mechanical music Adrenaline surge - Rush -

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome