Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Think I'm ready to buy my first car: mustang GT 2012-2015. Have some questions...
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2014
Old5Oh
PONY Member

[QUOTE=skyrim69;6777266]UYou guys mentioned the best 0-60 numbers for the GT come with track package/brembo brake package?

Now..I can just tell this is a stupid question to you guys..but how will better brakes improve 0-60 times? Is it just lighter or...enlighten me
/[QUOTE]

The Brembo package or Track Package (11-14 models) or the Performance Package (15 model) come with 3.73 rear gears, which should make them a touch quicker than the rest of the run. You are right, the brakes don't help much. It's just the way the package is bundled.

IMO, the 15 is so much more car than the 11-14 that it's the way to go if you can swing it. If your budget is $25K, then a nice used 11 or 12 will make a fine car, too.

'15 GT Oxford White, Redline Premier leather, AT, navigation, reverse sensing, 18" Foundry wheels
'94 GT 5 spd, Explorer heads, shorties, Bullit suspension, O/R H-pipe, Flowmasters, FR500 wheels, 12 years of effort

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome