Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Disappointed with 2.3 and 3.7l 2015s
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2014
dastefster
PONY Member

Well..I guess anyone has the right to be upset by this..but honestly, The mustang isn't a hybrid (even the "ecoboost") It's not marketed to people who was "great gas milage" yah know? I mean yes they have to compete wit the other foreign sports cars and have pressure with increasing gas prices but...it's not THAT big of a deal. + I've had 3 mustangs both 5.0 and 3.7V6 and I got better highway MPG's than either of them were rated for. But in the end, I didn't buy them for the appeal of gas milage...I don't really care. I just think that people who are looking for a fuel efficient car should get a hybrid or if they're looking for something "sporty" get a european tiny sports car. Those people should stay away from american muscle, which has never been centered around MPG's. With that said, I am confused as to why the V6 went down but I would assume it's because ford is trying to phase it out and just offer the ecoboost and GT.

Other side note: I am also very excited about the 350, the rumors and pictures flying around are very exciting. I am interested to see if Ford actually IS implementing a flat-plane crank and if so, how well they'll engineer it.

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome