Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2015 Mustang GT vs. 2015 Challenger Hellcat
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2014
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hunter View Post
I really don't care about Dodges, it will be interesting to see if the hellcat can put all that HP to the floor. Mustangs are more balanced vehicles than Dodges. Dodge Challenger, Charger, etc, are only good for straight driving, I will worry more for the new Camaro to come.
The only balanced performer car from Dodge is the Viper.
I guess the question is "balanced for what?" I've only done 12 to 15 road track days in the past 2 to 3 years (Kershaw SC, Gateway Motorsports - IL, Autobahn Country Club - IL ), but what I have observed is that the Porches, Corvettes and BMWs, each, outnumber the Mustangs by 8 to 10 times. I think that tells me that people looking for a car to drive on the road tracks look to those cars much more then Mustangs (especially when you consider how many more Mustangs are built then the other three cars). It appears that very few Mustang drivers ever get their car on a road-course. Twisty highways are interesting but not really competitive - including the Tail of The Dragon - which I have driven. I suspect most Mustang drivers - if they really press the pedal - are racing stoplight to stoplight with something next to them. The BOSS 302 was really a nicely designed road track car - the GT, not so much.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

Last edited by Radioguy; 08-27-2014 at 09:02 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome