Ford Mustang Forum banner

Triple Yellow 2015 ON THE LOT!

10K views 33 replies 28 participants last post by  Mattwood440 
#1 ·
#22 ·
.To me it's 1974 all over again...
:rolleyes:

You gotta be kidding?
This new car is no where close to 74 hideousness. In fact, I bet most non car people will have a hard time differentiating a 15 from a 14 from more than a few feet awat.

#5 ·
Yeah, the styling is a massive miss, no doubt about it. I see too much Hyundai Tiburon.

The Mustang's history is hit, miss, hit, miss.

The first gen was a hit, second gen was a miss, third was a hit, 4th gen was terrible, the 5th gen 2005-2014 cars were a hit.....and now it looks like the 6th gen is ugly.

I do think the 6th gen cars will be great to drive, but they're too ugly and too heavy.

#8 ·
Eh, ill have to join the group and say that visually it is a deal breaker for me...

More expensive and less appealing...

However, I have to ask, are we going to attack this car in every thread from now on? If some people like it, we should respect that.

#11 ·
Gorgeous car! I won't be getting one because I'm in an awful rut right now, but I would love to have one (V8).

#12 ·
I think it looks pretty good from most angles, not that great from a few, but you can say that about quite a few cars, even some exotics.

Colors make a big difference. Ruby Red (the darker of the two Reds), Ingot Silver, and Magnetic look great. White also shows off the lines better, but I hate white cars.

The brighter red, the yellow, and the orange colors look terrible to me.

Deep Impact Blue, Black, and Guard look meh.

Looking at some of the prelim design work that's made it's way to the internet, it's become clear to me that they were trying too hard to strike a balance between classic cues and modern looks (including Ford's corporate grille). To me, they should have gone all out on a fresh, bold, and thoroughly modern design.

Maybe the refresh in a couple years will incorporate some of the more aggressive elements from the early design concepts.

#18 ·
It certainly has traded its "iconic look" for the "FORD" look lame.gif

#13 ·
I can't help it. When a car is referred to as "triple _____ " it's usually referring to a convertible and it means the exterior paint, convertible top, and interior all have the same color. This is a Yellow mustang, not Triple Yellow Mustang.
That being said, I like the looks of the 2015. Not totally sold on the Fusion looking front but I think everything else looks great.

#17 ·
I would have paid more for Bright Yellow Tri-Coat than Triple Yellow....It sounds like it would cost more, LOL.

#20 ·
I really dislike the look of the 2015. I only really like the rear 3/4 area. I'm sure the performance is better, but looks matter just as much for me.
I will still be going to test drive one for fun though :)

As soon as I saw the leaked designs of the 2015, I started panicking to buy a 2014 model while they were still new. Love the looks of the 2010-2014 Mustang !

#21 ·
You know you guys are all judging the whole generation of Mustang on the appearance of the base mode car right?

Ask yourself, how ugly does a bare bones V6 2014 mustang look in comparison to a track pack GT?

Plus, when the SVT model comes out, the same people holding their noses here will be slobbing some SVT knob.

#23 ·
You know you guys are all judging the whole generation of Mustang on the appearance of the base mode car right?

Ask yourself, how ugly does a bare bones V6 2014 mustang look in comparison to a track pack GT?

Plus, when the SVT model comes out, the same people holding their noses here will be slobbing some SVT knob.
I don't find that a base V6 is particularly ugly. Yeah I miss the foglights when I look at that wide expanse of an empty grill, and those (comparatively) tiny 17 inch wheels look a little out of place on a Mustang but the car still looks good to mebump.gif

I don't find the 2015 to be particularly ugly. The problem is, I don't find it to be particularly stunning, either.

And that's the real problem. If I of all people can be so ambivalent about the new design, well, I can understand where all the haters are coming from. I don't agree with them, but I can really see where they are coming from. Ford had the opportunity to knock this one out of the park where we all would have been eating it up and instead they went all corporate on the front end, kept the same basic roofline and profile of my cars, and squished the trunk, leaving me feeling "meh" about the car.

I happen to like the front end of the Ford Fusion, for example. I just happen to really like it on the FUSION, I could have done without it on the Mustang.

Its not ugly and someday before this generation is over I will probably end up with one in my garage. I'm just glad I didn't waste another summer "borrowing" the wife's car for some fun waiting for that to come out.

#24 ·
I'm sorry guys but this car is beautiful and will be a huge hit with the younger generation, which is what this car needs. Times are changing and retro is going away. This looks nothing like the ford fusion or anything else in fords lineup. It still resembles a mustang.

Attachments

#26 ·
Fully agree. I loved my '12 GT and definitely wont be getting rid of my 13 Boss any time soon, but this car will be a huge success IMO....and we have not even considered the performance yet.

The car looks fantastic and this is coming from someone who was less than impressed when I saw it the first time in person. The design is growing on me on a big way, and Ford will continue to tweak it in future refresh's that are sure to follow until they really nail it--just as they did with the 11+. While I can fully appreciate some of the critique on design, I'm having a hard time understanding all of the hate which I'm sure is being driven in part by a segment that cant accept they will be driving a car a generation behind the new model. To those I say get over it---all Stangs (with few exceptions) are lookers :)

To that end,I will be looking very closely at the GT 350.

#25 ·
I agree with you . I ordered one in July and can't wait to get it super excited !! I'm looking forward to all the options I've ordered it with . It's cool you got to see one

#27 ·
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder....we'll see how it sells. I still hold the opinion that Ford will be lucky to sell 100,000 in 2015, and I doubt very much they'll be able to sustain it moving forward. Just too much negative press about the design, and the excitement isn't there like in 2005.
Jedi D.

#31 ·
My mother always taught me to try and find something nice to say......so here it is.

I like the rear view. The tail lights are an improvement over the current Mustang.

Unfortunately......The rest of the appearance changes are just not my idea of "improvement"

#33 ·
Don't mean to pile on, but have to say I'm really disappointed in the styling of the '15. Happy for all those who love it and I wish continued happiness through their ownership experience.

Me, I'm glad that I just found a cherry '06 GT with low miles to get me back into the Mustang world, from which I had been absent since I sold my fox in '99. After seeing the direction that the new cars have taken, I decided I best get a nice example of my favourite generation before they are gone.

We'll see how the next gen looks but for now I know I'm keeping my '06 for at least 5 years...

#34 ·
So being from Wayne, MI and driving past Flat Rock on the way to work (up until a couple weeks ago) I have seen A LOT of these in person in all but 1 color, and I've seen a thinly disguised GT-350. I can not stress how much better the car looks in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.