Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Triple Yellow 2015 ON THE LOT!
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2014
Fatopotomus
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slorydn1 View Post
How can you be so sure? I ordered my 14 knowing exactly what the 15 was going to look like, and knowing full well that in less than 12 months it would be "obsolete". Granted I'm not one of the "haters", I'm one of the "lukewarmers", but I can fully understand where the haters are coming from. I also know that many who say they don't like the 15 purchased their car after I did (both new and used) so they also had the full benefit of knowledge.

Oh and its not up to you as to what other people need to "get over".

As far as performance goes, I too will be keeping my eye on the GT-350. Maybe the power and handling enhancements will make me feel better about the new car. The hp increase on the GT wasn't enough to overcome the added fatness of the new car. The hp-weight ratio is almost identical to my car using at the crank numbers, and with the added losses that IRS induces into the driveline, well lets just say I can't wait to see baseline dyno sheets of the new car

Regarding performance, its not just a matter of the new car gaining 100 lbs and 15 hp to offset it. The new car has a ton of engineering that will set it apart from the earlier car.

Aside from the IRS, the weight distribution is more even on the new car and there is a revamped design for the MT82. The new car has bigger brakes and I also remember seeing some technological updates to the motor.

Regardless of what you feel about the styling, the new car is going to be hands down, the better 'driver's car'. A new PP will hand a 2014 TP its ass around a road track and still be just about as fast on the drag strip.

Not to mention if you are really concerned about performance, a base PP with aftermarket exhaust and aluminum D/S, with some other lightening mods will get clost to 3500 lbs curb weight.

Personally, I care much more about performance than styling and if I could afford it, Id be lined up for a new PP base + recaros.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome