Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2015 GT Dyno run(with video)
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2014
TucsonDave
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastefster View Post
"beat" how? In a straight line? MAYBE. but no way on a track. But I'm sure this will be tested by many magazines/blogs.
I'm sure that you are correct that the 2015 will be faster on the track than the 2011-2014 cars. At the drag strip I think it will be a "wash". The added weight of the 2015 (even though small) plus the added driveline losses (a modest 3 1/4 % increase in driveline losses will negate the new 15HP increase ), I believe will result in a rear wheel power to weight ratio that will be very close to the same for 2015 vs. 2011-2014 cars. I am not a "hater" of the 2015 Mustang at all, but I think the Ford engineers knew they needed to find an extra 15HP not only for marketing efforts but to also make sure the car was not "slower" than the car it was replacing. While many are interested in track performance, the majority of buyers interested in performance always look to 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

2014 GT Premium / Deep Impact Blue / 6 speed / 401A-Charcoal and Cashmere / Comfort Pkg / Sec and Rear Sensing Pkg / 19" Mach Alum Wheels / 3.73

Last edited by TucsonDave; 09-11-2014 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Correct error.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome