View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-17-2014
wjbertrand
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post
Thanks Jeff,

A few more questions if you don't mind..

How was the install?
did you have a 'shaker' system?
how does the amp install?

I gained some clarity by replacing my 5x7's with Infinity 6832's. For the most part this works great, the oniy time the system seems under powered is if the windows are down, then it seems like a more powerful amp is needed.

Thanks
The install was plug 'n' play straightforward. The hardest part for me was plugging the Shelby harness plugs into the factory amp sockets. I had a tough time lining up and inserting the plugs as the factory amp is up above the left side kick panel and the plugs face rearward. You cannot see what you're doing so the whole thing is by feel.

Second hardest part was passing the harness from left to right behind the center stack of the dash, very tight in there and there's a sound blanket in there that wants to snag the harness plugs.

The amp install is a piece of cake. Uses the blower motor support nut location at the front and then the flange inserts behind the glove box lower hinge. Make sure to plug in the harness plugs first as there's not much room to work when the amp is up in position over the passenger foot well.

Yes, I have the Shaker, not the Shaker pro system, so I also added the Kicker/Shelby subwoofer to the trunk.

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome