Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - The 2015 Mustang Orders Thread
View Single Post
dastefster
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattwood440 View Post
I did some cursory internet research and it would seem that X plan is worse on the dealer.

Also, it would seem that the dealership makes commission on A/Z which covers the difference of the A/Z loss up to invoice. Which is great if the model is selling for invoice at that time. The 15 is not going to be selling for less than msrp for at least a few months. I'd even bet that those anniversary ones are going to be marked up! I don't blame them one bit for wanting to sell a hundred at MSRP before mine at invoice. Especially since they are only allowed so many allocation requests at one time. Maximize profit. I would.

Also, also, I understand the dealership gets the commission on A/Z, not the salesperson. So unless the salesperson is paid a flat commission on each sale by the dealership I don't blame them for wanting to put a couple extra $k in their pocket on each sale either.

C'est la vie
Yeah, I also understand that. And see their intensions and I'd probably do that too, but my dealer is not only allocating dealer stock cars. They are allocating retail orders as well. And I have the highest possible priority number (for a retail order) so I'm hoping my car gets scheduled soon.

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome