Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Can You Racers Help Me Diagnose My Disappointing Track Results?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2014
JonR2006
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Yeah, I think you did meet my dad. My brother used to live in Saint Robert and they told me they met a guy who had a '67 Red/black Comet down there (and now that i think of it, they mentioned your 4.11 gears...seriously...). Small world, man. I tell my dad I found you on here; he will be pretty excited about it. Would be cool for you all get togethe and get some pics of both your cars.

MT Et Streets are excellent tires, My uncle has a vortech-charged '02 Z28 pushing 500+ to the wheels and he uses them with a trans brake and a Turbo 400, he has no problems with traction (he is dipping into the high 10s). I highly doudt it's the tires. Do you have Traction bars on your rear leaf springs? May be something to look into. The SFC are a must...

If you can get up to STL and check Mustang Muscle out they are very good. The owner is my cousins step-dad so basically family and they do good work.

Before changing out rear gears, get the chassis/suspension in line. My dad runs the MT ET streets as well with 3.70s, subframes, no traction bars (he is pushing 420+ to the wheels) and he has no issues with traction either. I really think if you dial in the suspension/chassis yours 60fts will drop significantly.

Very cool to see you on here. I'll let my pops know I ran into you on here. PM me if you want.

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome