Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - If you are still on the fence on the 2015
View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2014
Old5Oh
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Looks like it didn't really make it as the "best driving" Mustang......
Oh, I think you're wrong. Two reasons. One, MT is just about alone in their opinion, really harsh compared with some of the others especially Motor in GB, which is probably less influenced by who they plan to name COTY.

Second, you are comparing an absolutely loaded, every option in the catalog 15 GT with a Boss, which was as stripped as they come. So the 15 is 100 pounds heavier? Let's weigh a 15 GT PP without the Premium interior, the Shaker Pro and all the gee-gaws. I think that 100 pounds disappears.

Nope, three reasons. The PP is still a GT. The Boss was never intended to be the mass-market car. It has a sharp an edge as Ford could grind onto the old battle axe. Compare 14 to 15 GTs and there will be no comparison. You can already see that in the reviews. No one has yet actually compared track times. The closest I've seen to that is MT's own Figure 8, where the PP just made mince meat of the Boss. "Squishy feel" or not, I am very anxious to see some lap times on real tracks.

Oh. And just to put an exclamation point on it, I think the GT 350, the "sharp edge axe" version of the S550, may make all this discussion sound like yesterday's news. Wouldn't want to drive one every day as I will drive my GT, but it'll be a heck of a weekend toy.

'15 GT Oxford White, Redline Premier leather, AT, navigation, reverse sensing, 18" Foundry wheels
'94 GT 5 spd, Explorer heads, shorties, Bullit suspension, O/R H-pipe, Flowmasters, FR500 wheels, 12 years of effort

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome