Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Visual Comparo: '69 Mach vs S197 vs S550
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2014
slorydn1
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
It's meant as a rhetorical question.
I understood that from the beginning.....however:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
So... what should it look like then? Very few people seem to have an answer.
Even though your question is rhetorical people are still going to try to answer it, even by not answering it directly, and that's probably because there is no true right answer. I know that I don't have one for you.

And yes, you're right, people seem to be focusing in on this or that part of the car that looks too much like another car. I am among that group. I always felt that a Mustang should leave no room for doubt, that when one sees it from any angle that one can only come to one conclusion: That its a Mustang.

There seems to be 3 schools of thought:

1) Ford didn't go far enough: The new design looks too much like the old one. Given a clean sheet of paper Ford should have tried to make a complete departure from the retro look.

2) Ford went too far: The new design needs to look more like the old one.

3) Ford nailed it with a mix of retro and something new.

I could be wrong, but it seems that most of the complaining is coming from the crowd in school #2.

Some of that may come from jealousy, or a dislike of change. I know that when my little brother who had a beautiful red 2006 Mustang GT saw my wife's 2012 the first time he exclaimed "wow, that rear end is ugly!" That was a common complaint of the 2005-2009 crowd about the 2010-2012's.

Then those of us 2010-2012 owners saw the 2013 front end and the first thing out of our mouths was "Man that catfish snout is fugly" (never mind that it looked almost exactly like the GT-500 that we all drooled over the year before!!).

Heck I even posted once that I didn't like the "gaping holes in the hood" when referencing the cooling vents on the 2013. I'd link to the post but it got deleted when someone who didn't even have a Mustang decided to start a urination competition about the 2012-vs-2013 and which was better and it got a little out of hand after he called me a liar (I seem to remember something about telling him to perform an anatomically impossible act on himself, LOL).

The fact of the matter is that I came around and I love looking at my 2014 in the security camera while I am sitting here at work.

Yeah, I know, I keep going on and on about this. I thought I was backing you up on this one and I guess in someways I did, and in someways I didn't, and I apologize for that. Blame it on the fact that I am at work and keep getting interrupted mid thought.

I think that everyone should just chill out about the whole thing and make up their minds one way or the other when they actually get to see, touch and drive one.

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome