Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Visual Comparo: '69 Mach vs S197 vs S550
View Single Post
post #25 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2014
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
While there is still a good market for this type of car and there will probably always be a demand for it this is a totally different sales environment than it was in the 60s, 70s and even into the early 2000s and I think my previous statement still does apply. Times change but I think a lot of people don't want to change with it.
My point was that, together, Camaro and Challenger had 0% of the "pony car market" in 2008 and in 2013 had about 65% of the "pony car" market. Both have worked hard to build a car with great technology, high performance and, in many people's view, image/looks. Ford responding with a "cousin" of the Fusion, and a close member of the "Ford Family," doesn't seem like a move to "distinguish" the "Mustang brand." Only time will tell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Family.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	382706  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome