Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Visual Comparo: '69 Mach vs S197 vs S550
View Single Post
post #38 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2014 Thread Starter
2012 IngotSilver 5.0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
What you're saying is that it's your opinion against mine? Which is the same thing that's gone round and round since this thread has started.
Ok, we've attracted the attention of the Mods so we have to tippy-toe on this one ...

Opinions will go around and around forever on things, that's human nature. Just look at all the people who are still debating over which muscle car from the 60's was the best.

Quote:
So... Should the Mustang look like what I think it should look like or should it look like what you think it should look like?
Neither, obviously. It will look like what Ford wants it to look like. We just get to comment on it.

Quote:
In fact, it seems to me that our only disagreement was in seating position. And I still think it sounds like you should be driving a truck because I'm not sure how somebody who wants a high seating position AND extra headroom could ever be happy in a car of just about any kind. Well, maybe a minivan...
I still find your comments comparing the historically upright seating position of Stangs to that of driving a truck completely and totally unrelated.

Quote:
What a Mustang should look like is open to interpretation.
With 36 years experience driving/racing Stangs, I gave what I thought was not just your "average Joe's interpretation". And there you go ...

BOTTOM LINE FOR ME
  • If someone likes/is buying a new Stang, fine. Stay safe, it's still better than a Ford guy jumping ship and driving a Camaro.
  • With the release of the S550, I'll be keeping my '13 ... solid rear axle and all

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome