I think Ford missed the boat on the new mustang, but nothing that can't be fixed with a few little tweaks
The Basic design is pretty good, but there are a few things they just missed.
1) the front splitter looks like after they designed the car, someone said, needs a splitter, but instead of redesigning the bumper, they just added a splitter with out trying to integrate it into the bumper
2) same thing with the side ground effects, instead of designing something that looks right, they just said lets stick a piece of black plastic between the front, and rear wheels. In pics it looks good, but in person looks cheep, and added on in the last second
3) the body colored paned under the rear bumper, just to much
4) wheels, come one Ford, if your going to offer a optional 19 inch wheel, make it worth ordering. At only 8.5 inches wide, it gets the same piece of crap skinny tires that the 11-14's came with. I swear a priis has wider tires. If there going to offer a 19 inch wheel, go 9 inch wide, and give us a little wider tire
The interior has a few issuers
1) ground speed on the speedometer , just to cartoonish
2) knobs for the radio way to big, and spaced out to far
3) toggle switches, look ok in person, but in person cheep
4) automatic shifter, to tall
I was all excited when I saw the first pics of the 15 went out and ordered a Limited Edition, but when I saw one of these cars in person, was so disappointed, I cancelled my order
I think if Ford fixes the issues I listed, which caused me to cancel my order, it could be a awesome car, but right now it just falls short
Don I also once suggested they ( Ford ) should've be better off, giving me the responsibility for the exterrior design, instead of these guys....except Pericak.
Anyhow whatever we say, were to little to get heard, even if we point all design flaws ( as you correctly did )
My suggestion was also to never change a winning team ( 2013's )
No one heard me either...
This was the greatest Mustang ever!!!!!
It really hit me hard, since I can remember I loved mustangs and loved ( do not understand following the wrong way ) the back ground of proud built american muscle!
Now knowing a guy living in germany was designing the mustang, two english guys, brothers, one works for ford, the other for Jaguar were responsible for exterrior and a woman, obviously bad taste, designed the interrior made me only more confident in backing up of the 2015 deals.
Not talking smack here, wanted to order two.
Again I havent got a problem with english guys designing a mustang, I grew up multi cultures but I have the feeling something definately went wrong. Hearing that guy ( who lives in germany) referring about the mustang and its heritage, well at least to me, sounded like a lie. Im no buying it, not buying that this guy is an enthusiast...
Pericak, yes he really got stang DNA, no boubt about it but I bet he felt the same as I and many others working with mentioned people.
Well, anyhow my wallet, as mentioned before, will vote and Im afraid alot of enthusiasts will unfortunately follow my route...
I know I shouldnt say that but seeing this 2015,my complete mustang fan boy world got flipped up side down :-(
As I said before, if they wouldnt call the 2015s a mustang and optimized instead our 2013s, Ford had a billion deal for the world mustang!
They just could've called the 2015 a Falcon, even with the ugliest exterrior and interrior I've ever seen so far ( remembering the gumpert RIP ) only out of *et pluribus unum* I would had bought it just to show and represent!
Parked next to my 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 sitting and representing, in my drive way.