Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Wieght gain a big negative?
View Single Post
post #49 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2014
Fatopotomus
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexArmageddon View Post
Dude, you could have swapped a coyote into a sn95 or fox and would have been faster. You could have built, forged, and boosted a 1st gen s197 or any previous model mustang a..you would have came out lighter and faster... but you chose to go heavy with the 11+ gt... am I the only one who finds it laughable you all are complaining?

I guess they should have scaled down the s197 too right? Can't believe you people are so up in arms over what 86lbs?
Ridiculous drivel.

If this afternoon Ford started spitting out brand new SN95s with Coyote motors and T56s for for $20-$25K, I would be in line to get one.

The reason I bought my car wasnt because of aesthetic or any other reason than to get a 400 hp manual RWD factory car.

I owned both a 96GT and a 99GT and would drive a 3300lb SN95 or new Edge all day over a 3700 lb S197 given that both cars had the same driveline.

The reason I didnt go with a motor swap is that its very hard to get a factory fit & finish and reliability with a motor swap. There is a lot of mix n match and fabrication involved and then you still need to tine for driveability and ensure all the elctronics are working right. It can be done, but its not a simple drop in the motor and trans prcoedure.

So yes, if Ford produce a brand new Coyote powered S95 or New Edge, I wouldnt hesitate for a second to buy the lighter car over the piggish S197 or S550.

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome