Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - having trouble getting stock subs in rear to connect wirh aftermarket stereo
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2014
evil pyro
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 STANG GT View Post
Just installed a pyle 7" double din and cannot get the stock subs to work. I bought the wire harness for the shaker 1000 but having trouble getting the rear subs to work. From the stock stereo there are 3 plugs and the aftermarket plug and play harness came with only 2 harnesses.. Any help would be great. The rest of the speakers work just the rear subs are not working. Thanks for any input.
Sounds like to me the sub amps arent getting the "turn on signal".......a low voltage signal from the head unit to the amps.

You need to get a wiring harness diagram for your model / year car and a wiring harness diagram for the head unit. The speaker wires from the head unit should all be in one of the harnesses from it. The power and ground, turn on, etc will be in the other ones.

Post the exact specs for the head unit, type, numbers, etc, pictures of the plugs will be a huge help! Send me a PM and I'll assist as much as possible!!!

1994 GT 5.0 All Black in and out

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome