Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Wieght gain a big negative?
View Single Post
post #74 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2014
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexArmageddon;6937626[I
]I for one have never Viewed the mustang as a Muscle/Pony car[/i]... Those are nothing more than stupid Monikers... The mustang is and always has been a Sports Coupe car. Hence, like any other company that wants to succeed .. You have to be better than other sport coupes in the price range of your product. Lower tier cars have always had one focus.. Look what we can offer for cheap compared to high price brands such as Ferrari Etc.. The goal has never changed.. never will.
Happily, everyone gets to have their own opinions. But if you are trying to sell a product into the market, then you really need to understand how "the world - including your potential customers" view your product. It certainly appears that "MotorTrend" sees competition between Mustang, Camaro and Challenger
"GM is keeping meaningful details on the sixth-generation 2016 Chevrolet Camaro tightly under wraps, but given the updated Hellcat-powered 2015 Dodge Challenger, and the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang, the Camaro has its work cut out for it if it hopes to retain its pony car sales crown."

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome