Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Wieght gain a big negative?
View Single Post
post #77 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2014
slorydn1
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastefster View Post
Not to interrupt the sales debate, but a real owner of a 15 weighed his stock GT (fully optioned) recently and it weighed out to be 3,780lb WITH 3/4 tank of gas. This lines up pretty well with Ford's claims of 3,705lb curb weight....which also means it is only a 80-90lb increase over the previous model...not 200 and other ridiculous numbers people have been throwing around.

Heres the link so you can check out the proof yourself. First 2015 Mustang GT (Fully Optioned) Weighed by Owner | 2015+ Mustang (s550) Forum News Blog – Mustang6G | The Ultimate 6th Generation Mustang (S550) Enthusiast Site

I really don't thing an 80-90lb increase (given the changes) is anything to complain about. But thats my opinion
Especially since I have about half that amount of weight in cleaning supplies (etc) in my trunk already

Hers:2012 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Kona Blue Exterior/Charcoal Interior, 400A, HID/Security Pkg ,Comfort Pkg.
[COLOR="DimGray"][B]His: 2014 Mustang GT Premium,6M,Sterling Gray Exterior/Charcoal Interior,400A, Reverse Sensing/Security Pkg, Comfort Pkg SMR# 3635

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome