Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Wieght gain a big negative?
View Single Post
post #82 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2014
14MustangV6
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Interesting new MotorTrend comparison. 2015 Mustang GT and 2015 Challenger Scat-Pack. Maybe the most interesting is the "price as tested" number Mustang $46,380 Challenger $ 39,890. Challenger also has the 8 speed auto in that price.

Looks like Challenger wins on the street and the drag-strip, but Mustang wins at the road course track. Not surprising since the Challenger is 485 HP and 475 Ft. Lbs torque. None of that matters going around sharp turns

2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack First Test - Motor Trend

2015 Ford Mustang GT First Test - Motor Trend
I don't see anything there that says the Challenger wins on the street. Beyond that, the price isn't that interesting considering the tested Mustang is loaded and the Scat-Pack has no added options (unlike the Mustang, I believe the manual is actually an added-cost option on the Challenger). The base Mustang GT price is more than $5,000 less than the Scat-Pack.

I will admit that Ford is slipping behind with respect to transmissions with more gears, especially since their new transmissions seem to be a couple of years away still.

Current: 2014 V6 Mustang Premium, Automatic Transmission, Oxford White, Safety & Security Package.

Previous: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS, bone-stock except for automatic transmission.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome