Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Guide to Help You Open Up / Rebuild Your MT82
View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2014
Fatopotomus
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahdoug View Post
When I did my clutch, I didn't have large enough stands to pull the tranny out from under the car. You can just roll it rearward under the car to get room to work on the clutch.
Hmmm, good idea.

I have 6 ton torin double locking jackstands that rise to about 24 in. I figure that would be enough height, but 1.) I don't like have jackstands maxed to their highest point and 2.) I plan on using the HF transmission jack that is about 8 inches in height itself. I have various blocks of wood that I can use to supplement the cup on my floor jack to get even more clearance when it comes time to roll the trans out from under the car, so Im not super concerned about it, but just trying to get specs to help plan the job out.

Also, any tips/tricks to aligning the input shaft one reassembly?

Lastly, just pulling the tranny wont necessitate an neutral misfire profile/crank relearn will it? I heard that only needs to be done when the flywheel is pulled off. Any insight into this?

2011 Mustang GT M6 3.31s

Matt HONEYCUTT Tune, Lethal Off-Road X, GT500 axlebacks, J&M LCAs, UPR UCA, Whiteline LCA relocation brackets, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Koni STR.T shocks/struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Strut Tower Brace

Best 1/4 E/T (05/18/14 MIR - no tune, X-pipe, or UCA): 12.920 @ 109.40 mph (2.059 60ft)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome