Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Wieght gain a big negative?
View Single Post
post #93 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2014
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Motor Trend sees many many cars every year. They have a long history of testing and reporting on cars - they make their living on their credibility with "car guys." I'm betting their comparisons are rather accurate. They also seem to be supported by the "straight line" performance numbers. The performance difference will likely be much greater if the Camaro - as predicted - comes in much "leaner" next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
Do you know any automotive writers? I do they are as lazy and unreliable as anyone else. I doubt they even had the car on a scale.
Actually they quote "Curb Weight" - which is defined as the car with a full tank of gas but no cargo or passengers. If you take the Vorshlag weight (3718) and add the full tank of gas (probably about 14 more gallons, at 6.4 pounds per gallon - and a few (5 lbs) for the floor mats and the tire repair kit and you get 3812.6 LBs. That is pretty close to Motor Trend's 3814 LBs. More importantly, they follow the same process for all cars - so you get accurate comparisons. By the way, the Challenger and the Camaro hold more fuel, so their curb weight includes a few extra pounds for the additional fuel. No Conspiracy here

Comparison: Camaro SS 1LE vs. Challenger R/T Scat Pack vs. Mustang GT Page 4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	389233  
Attached Files
File Type: docx Ponys.docx (108.8 KB, 31 views)

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome