Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Wieght gain a big negative?
View Single Post
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
By class I mean what competes with the Mustang on the sales floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by st3v View Post
I was always into Fords and BMWs. I have had various Mustangs and BMWs.

I can say without a doubt - BMW is in trouble with this new Mustang. I test drove a GT today and was blown away. Who in their right mind would buy an M3/M4 for $60-$75k, when you can get as nice of an interior (with premium trim), and an amazing exterior 2015 stang for less than $40k?

Ford has really upped the quality on these new Mustangs. I would say very close to BMW feel.
As you can see from the comments on this board, the "sales competition class" is a really big class. Some people are shopping "BMW Vs. Mustang" and care a lot about the quality of the interior. Others are shopping performance - and only care about "fastest on the hill." Others are shopping price/looks and their shopping list includes a wide list of other cars - including the Genisis Coupe (Which weighs less). It is probably only the "performance buyers" that care about the weight - and they are less focused on cost.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	389738   Click image for larger version

Name:	CaptureB.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	389746   Click image for larger version

Name:	CaptureC.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	389754  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome