Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Porsche owner considering a 2015 GT - need opinions
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2014 Thread Starter
xxaarraa
Rookie

Porsche owner considering a 2015 GT - need opinions

Hey guys,

Current 911 owner (996 C4S) considering a 2015 GT - with premium trim, GT track pack, and the "401 A" equipment pack. Specific interior/exterior color choice too, so I imagine it will be a special order and a significant wait time. So before I went ahead and did it, looking for some informed opinions from folks familiar with Mustangs.

• I have never owned a Mustang. Or any American car for that matter. Long list of M3s, AMGs and 911s. Willing to try the 2015 since I feel like Ford has made the car more refined and less in-your-face looking.
  • Speaking of refinement - any reviews of the independent rear suspension and the "track pack" setup? Good? Bad? Mediocre?
  • 6 speed manual versus 6 speed auto - I have had many 6 speeds and loved some, hated some. Love the Porsche 6 speed in the 911, HATED the BMW 6 speed in the M3, liked the Acura 6 speed way back. On the box in the Mustang - how's the clutch take-up and drive line shunt? What killed it for me on the M3 was how jerky it felt between shifts, and the take-up was abrupt.
  • How's the 6 speed auto? I am comfortable in my manhood to drive a sports car with an auto box. As long as the auto box is refined and modern. Are the upshifts quick? Downshifts seamless? Any reason to absolutely stay away from autos? Particularly as it applies to resale down the line?
  • More practical questions - if I ordered a brand new Mustang for $43-44k, what am I looking at as far as resale values in 2 years? I never keep my cars for more than 2 years/20k miles, and have not had any experience with Mustangs so have no frame of reference as far as depreciation goes. Do Mustangs hold their value? Or do they take a dump similar to AMGs and the big $$ German cars?

I know that's a lot of questions, but appreciate your opinions. None of the dealers near me have a demo unit, so this might have to be done completely on a leap of faith.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome