Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Motor Trend--15 Camaro 1LE PP vs 15 Mustang GT PP--Randy Pobst
View Single Post
post #50 of (permalink) Old 10-28-2014
kenv
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Ford appreciates your "blind" enthusiasm And I do too, as a Ford stockholder. Unfortunately there needs to be a lot more people like you, per year, buying the Mustang Maybe Europe/Asia and the "Ecoboost 4Cyl" will find those buyers. Although about 2/3rds of the Mustangs sold are V6's, Ford needs the big V8 buyers to increase the overall product margin. If "fastest in the neighborhood" is your goal (Younger buyers), then the current performance isn't a real plus for sales.
Maybe, but my car has 420HP, I don`t go to the track, so there is legally no place I can use that much power, let alone a car with 6-700HP. I can foresee a day probably in the not too distant future, where either the government, or the insurance companies (or both) will step in like in the `70s & once again put the kibosh on high horsepower american cars. Hope I`m wrong though.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome