Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Motor Trend--15 Camaro 1LE PP vs 15 Mustang GT PP--Randy Pobst
View Single Post
post #60 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2014
choate
GT Member

To me, the last gen 10-14 Mustangs have ALWAYS had too skinny tires and too narrow (not enough offset (stance is tires way under the car). These cars also sit too high and the suspension is WAY too soft unless you are just cruising around town getting groceries and starbux. If Ford was going to offer a performance package, track pack, whatever you want to call it, it should have had even wider tires and wheels and much more suspension stiffness. Before the 15' I don't think the track pack even got bigger wheels and tires vs the brembro cars or better shocks but I could be wrong. If it did, it wasn't by much. It seems it still remains, if you want to improve the Mustang, you have to buy new shocks/struts and wider wheels and tires w more offset. I would think they would have covered that this go around after all the talk of staying up w Porsche etc.

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome