Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Motor Trend--15 Camaro 1LE PP vs 15 Mustang GT PP--Randy Pobst
View Single Post
post #65 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2014
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasis View Post
I just feel like adding in that the 1LE is riding on the same suspension as the ZL1. Its basically a ZL1 with less power. Tires help in corning but they aren't going to make up 2 seconds in that comparison. Personally I track and daily drive my Mustang and while its awesome to have great handling on the track I do like having a good ride on a normal road. I have sat in a few Camaros though and still don't like the fact I can see crap out of them and I don't care for the interior.
And Car & Driver agrees with you :
"Not A Pretty Cabin With the exception of the $1995 Recaro seats and the material covering the steering wheel and shifter, the rest of the Camaro interior reminds us of the General Motors that went bankrupt. If it weren’t for the interior, nothing about the 1LE would feel cheap.
And yet, we’d be willing to overlook the interior and the lack of outward visibility to park a Camaro SS 1LE in the garage."

C&D are very high on the Camaro SS 1LE performance, but don't like the interior or the visibility.

2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE Test – Review – Car and Driver

There is no doubt that FORD could engineer the "track pack Mustang" to be every bit as good as the Camaro SS 1LE. I suspect their marketing data has told them that something else is preferred by the biggest group of their "performance buying" customers. Pobst describes the track pack performance as "floaty" with springs and dampers that are still too soft - and he is an expert at analyzing the performance of a car on the track. I'm sure the FORD engineers knew just what they were getting with the springs and dampers they chose for the special package.

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome