Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Bama Performance Tunes AmericanMuscle's 2015 Mustang GT with JLT Cold Air Intake!
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2014
dastefster
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
Sure you can. Were you there when they did the test? Did you monitor intake temperatures? Did they have the hood open. I call BS on a lot of the manufacturer testing.
Mr. Skeptical over here haha well I understand your point, and agree with the logic, you don't really know if you'll see those gains on the road. But they're gains non-the-less. There are other qualities these have that people like, such as under hood appearance and change in exhaust note. No, I don't think the open filter designed ones (such as JLT) are truly a "CAI" but, With the proper design I do think after market can definitely make a better intake than Ford puts on the car. As with pretty much every other part on the vehicle. Also, if these open filter designs were really not any better than the closed air box, why does ford put them standard on the GT500? Why not have those come with a closed air box?

2015 mustang GT, Performance Pack, Recaro seats, All-weather floor mats.

Ordered: 5/20/14
VIN received: 10/16/14
ETA: 12/11/14
Delivered: 12/10/14

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome