Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - the 2015 impressions
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2014
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
To me, the 2015 Mustang looks like just another one of the "corporate gang." I voted with my checkbook, this Thursday, and traded my 2013 GT vert in on a 2015 Challenger SRT 392 (485 HP, 475 FT. LBS. torque, 8 speed auto (programmable)). In terms of price/performance/looks/interior the new 485 HP Scat Back is the best buy. However, I wanted the SRT 392 "programmable suspension" and the programmable engine/transmission tunes (From the dashboard computer screen). Even though I am a FORD shareholder, I just could not handle the "all cousins look alike" look of the 2015 Mustang - reminded me of when FORD designed the Jaguar to look like the Taurus My plan is to drive the top 10 - 15 "road trips," across the USA, in the next three years ... and run down one or two drag strips - on the way. The interior and technology in the Challenger are far ahead of the other "pony cars" IMHO - and I looked at them all. I really enjoyed my 2000 Mustang GT vert, my 2011 Mustang vert and my 2013 Mustang GT vert. I will keep watching the Mustang and give it another try if it comes back to "the Mustang look" and its technology improves.

I posted on this thread when it was in a different forum. Did not intend to be redundant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHick View Post
As I posted in another thread, that hood is way too big as I sit in the driver seat. If my 14 is totalled and the ensuing lawsuit yields enough to buy a new car (it'll have to be a 15), I would opt for a Camaro. I won't even consider a Chrysler product since I have owned one in the past and swore to never make that mistake again. I don't mean to berate the Challenger, but one bad experience can really bias the thought process. However, the Challenger is a nice looking car and leagues better than the Charger.
I know that "reliability" has been an issue with Chrysler products in the past (I did a lot of research using Consumer Reports). The Challenger did make it on their "Recommended List" for 2015. Only time will really tell, but I think that is a good indicator.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal1aa.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	392962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal2a.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	708.1 KB
ID:	392970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal14a.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	392978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal15a.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	392986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal27a.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	392994  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome