Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - the 2015 impressions
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2014
NoVa5.0
PONY Member

Sat in a 2015 this morning. I had to drop my car off early this morning, and I was waiting for the porter to take me to work.

The dealership had about 10 2015 Mustangs up front, and I checked them out. Two were GT w/Performance Pack, both in Sterling Grey, both right next to each other.

I looked at the sticker on one, and it was almost $45k. It was a Premium with tons of accessory packages. The other SG PP car was a base GT, and it's sticker was just a bit over $35k. And I found the doors were open.....so I jumped in.

First, although I had no key, the stereo worked. The interior was actually quite nice, and the standard cloth seats were surprisingly comfortable. For being a "base" GT it had everything I would want, and didn't have a bunch of expensive crap I would have no use for. It had SYNC, a nice stereo (of un-known wattage) w/6 speakers, nice seats that were power adjustable, a very light clutch pedal, and the transmission shifted very nicely.

So, long story short, for just a shade over 35K, the base GT with the Performance Package is a great buy. If I were going to buy a new Mustang, that is what I would get. Add a good tune and some better struts, and it would be a really great car.

Still....it's too heavy, and doesn't look like a Mustang.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome