Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - the 2015 impressions
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2014
AlloyPony
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsouthwest2001 View Post
I have had a 13 challenger rt Classic in plum crazy for the last year and a half. I have a little over 14k miles on it and as far as reliability goes it has been flawless. I know Chrysler has had its problems in the past but things have improved a lot. That being said, I am still and always will be a huge mustang fan. Based on my history, chances are I will end up with another one sometime. I have only seen one 15 GT up close but as far as first impressions go, I actually think it is a good looking car. One thing I don't like though is how Ford just keeps bumping the price up. A lot of the 15 GT premiums are over 40k now MSRP.
I agree. My 2008 GT with HID lights, interior lighting, 18" wheel upgrade, etc. still had a sticker of $28K or so. The same car now would be almost $10K more.

As far as the Dodge goes, I traded a 2014 Challenger SXT to get this Mustang and the Dodge quality is lightyears ahead of anything else out there. The sheet metal was thicker, the doors made a nice "thump" when closed, the interior was leather trimmed with auto climate controls as standard equipment, it was much roomier and comfortable, the chassis was rugged yet rode like a dream, you could open the trunk without the key, etc. etc. etc...just a VERY nice and well built car. I don't have a problem with Chrysler quality at all. I've also owned tons of Ram trucks and Jeeps over the years all with great quality and very little repairs.

I don't like the '15 Stang. I think it looks way too European to be an American classic representation. Having said that, the interior is much much better and the exterior will grow on people. Give it a year and there will be no more threads about how ugly it is.

2003 Mach 1 - TR3650 - Ford Performance aluminum shaft - Mac O/R H-pipe - Airbox modification - 17% tint

Gone but not forgotten:
2001 GT auto in Zinc Yellow-Flowmaster mufflers - Pypes O/R H pipe-Eibach Sportline springs/Koni STR.T shocks-AMR wheels w/ 315/35 MT Street Comps-FR 3.73s-Blankenship Performance tuning-Steeda Under-drive pulleys-BBK CAI-AcuFab 70mm TB

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome