Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - the 2015 impressions
View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2014
NoVa5.0
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsouthwest2001 View Post
One thing I don't like though is how Ford just keeps bumping the price up. A lot of the 15 GT premiums are over 40k now MSRP.
While I am not a huge fan of the new Mustang, I can't support the idea that they're too expensive. In fact Ford has actually done a very good job in keeping the price down.

My 2012 GT Premium with the Brembo Performance Package, with the only additional option being heated seats, was right around $37k sticker.

A 2015 GT Premium with the Performance Package, and no other options, is $39,420.00, which is actually a good value in comparison to my 2012 car. Over and above what my car has, the new Mustang Premium has both heated and cooled seats, a better LSD (Torsen), the IRS (of course), HIDs, dual-zone HVAC, an engine oil cooler, electronic line-lock and launch control.

For around an additional $2500.00-$3000.00, that really is a good value, all things considered. Right around a 6-8% price increase, for an almost all-new car, with more standard kit.

Seeing Mustangs with $40k+ stickers doesn't mean that they're bad values, it means Sales Managers are ordering fully-optioned cars to sell. When I was at the dealership today, they had two Sterling Grey Performance Package GTs. One was a Premium with tons of options, and it was close to $45k. The other was a base and it was just a tick over $35k.

2012 GT Premium, Brembo PP, MT82, 3.73s, Blk/Blk. Bama 93R, Koni Yellow Rear Shocks, Hawk Ceramic pads, Luxurious & Plush Floor Mats

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome