Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Shaker 500 8" "subs" in Doors
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2014
Smokievol
PONY Member

Sounds like the way to go

I Have the Shaker subs in the door and they are under powered. The Kicker Mono Amp sounds like the way to go.
I do not have the Truck Sub, and will not be adding it.

I like this option so if I add a new head unit, I still have the subs amped.
If I need more power for the 2 way speakers ( have installed Pioneer TS-D6802R) I can get one of those smaller amps that will have 40 to 50 watts to each speaker.

There is also a 40 plus page thread rolling on this.

I have a 2008 GT Shaker 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbertrand View Post
OK, this just in from Kicker:

They said the factory setup in my 2013 has a dedicated mono signal from the radio to the factory amp, which in turn splits the mono signal to each of the two 8 door subs. They suggested adding an additional aftermarket mono amp (they suggest the 12CX300.1 model) and pull signal from the factory amp in the closest kick panel, and drive both door subs from that aftermarket mono amp. (Same as the factory setup, just adding more amplification).

Having received this information, I'm not really sure how to hook up this extra amp, it sounds like they suggest leaving the factory one in place? It's a much cheaper way to go if all you want to boost are the door subs. Seems the Shelby system philosophy is to depend primarily on a trunk sub for bass.

2008 GT Premium, MagnaCharger TVS 1900, Brembo Brakes, Whiteline Watts Link, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs,
J&M Extreme LCA, BMR Relo Brackets, FR500S Axlebacks, TCI Shifter

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome