Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - the 2015 impressions
View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2014
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlloyPony View Post
I agree. My 2008 GT with HID lights, interior lighting, 18" wheel upgrade, etc. still had a sticker of $28K or so. The same car now would be almost $10K more.

As far as the Dodge goes, I traded a 2014 Challenger SXT to get this Mustang and the Dodge quality is lightyears ahead of anything else out there. The sheet metal was thicker, the doors made a nice "thump" when closed, the interior was leather trimmed with auto climate controls as standard equipment, it was much roomier and comfortable, the chassis was rugged yet rode like a dream, you could open the trunk without the key, etc. etc. etc...just a VERY nice and well built car. I don't have a problem with Chrysler quality at all. I've also owned tons of Ram trucks and Jeeps over the years all with great quality and very little repairs.

I don't like the '15 Stang. I think it looks way too European to be an American classic representation. Having said that, the interior is much much better and the exterior will grow on people. Give it a year and there will be no more threads about how ugly it is.
I have to agree about the quality, function and performance of the Challenger. My 2015 Challenger SRT 392 is really incredible to drive - in all aspects. The dashboard adjustable suspension, steering, traction/stability control, transmission/throttle programming etc. really makes the car extremely versatile. The sheet metal thickness, quality of paint and the pure performance are all a notch up from either my 2011 Mustang vert or 2013 Mustang GT vert. I do think the 2015 Mustang is improved from previous years. The Challenger 8 speed transmission, in track mode, shifts in 160 milliseconds - and hard. Lots of good cars out there, but they are getting more expensive - fast!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chal34a.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	394458   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal313a.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	394466   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal312a.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	394474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chal14a.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	394482  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome