MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
Well, it does say a "torque peak above 400 ft lbs". They don't even give a definitive HP rating other than north of 500.

This could end up making the car faster, not slower. I can tell you that when you start getting too much above 400tq, you end up spinning the tires and its no good. Even with the larger tires, unless ford wants to stat putting the computer from the GTR on the shelby to control the wheel spin (they aren't) its a problem.

Enter a car with a lower tq but a still reasonably high hp.. You don't get the wheel spin down low, but you still have all the usable power you want at speed. Doesnt sound too bad to me. It will mostly likely give all previous shelbys with much higher tq a run for their money at the strip..... i doubt it takes down the trinity but it will probably take down the rest.

Some additional info includes magnetic ride control and cross drilled carbon ceremic brakes with functional air cooling.

The car rags are saying this is more "Boss 302 Maga sized" than previous GT 500s..... If it is priced more as a Boss 302 than a Shelby though...ill be shocked.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome