Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - GT350 to start at $53,000?
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2014
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F91 View Post
You are probably right. As the user of Koni Yellows, I'm wondering if the mag-shocks are overkill for the street, because the Konis sure are.
The nice thing about the "magnetic shocks" is that they change both the "compression" and the "rebound" stiffness. Depending on the "driver control," that may allow a true "comfort setting" for city streets. Although the KONI Yellows are adjustable in rebound, they are fixed in compression. And, their compression stiffness is much greater then a stock GT. So the "street ride" gets rougher, even with "rebound" set to maximum soft.

My new 2015 Challenger SRT 392 has fully adjustable dampers (compression and rebound) from the computer screen in the cabin (Street, Sport, Track). Because the compression is also adjusted for "Street," it has a really comfortable street ride. On "Track," it is really hugging the road - and expecting a rather smooth surface. Sport is in between. So I think the "magnetic ride" could be a nice improvement over KONI Yellows for people that primarily drive their Mustangs on "real city streets" - like I do my 2015 Challenger SRT 392.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chal312a.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	397761   Click image for larger version

Name:	chal313a.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	397769  

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome