5w20 oil in the 2015 Mustang GT V8
I'm a new member of the forum and seriously considering getting the 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 V8 with the Performance Package. Very impressed with this car. Have a couple questions I'm hoping some of you with this set up may be able to answer:
1. I've never had a performance car that used 5w20 oil. I know some of the current Jaguars run this weight oil so I suppose there is a precedent, but I've always thought of this weight oil as a fuel economy oil best used in cars like a Prius or Toyota. Are there any concerns or problems that some of you may have encountered (so far) using the factory spec'd Motorcraft 5w20? Anyone done a used oil analysis on this oil in their Mustang using the factory oil change interval? If so, how does the viscosity stand up?
2. Does Ford allow the use of 5w30 synthetic oil as long as it meets their oil spec, WSS-M2C 945-A?
3. I'm guessing the factory fill is the 5w20 synthetic blend. What is the factory oil change interval for this oil? What is the factory recommended oil change interval if you use the Motorcraft full synthetic 5w20?
4. What is the normal operating oil temperature (for those of you that have an oil temp gauge)?
5. I'm guessing that Ford uses an oil life monitor or oil condition sensor of some sort in the sump. Am I correct?
Appreciate any feedback. I've asked these questions of dealer personnel and of course they are clueless.