Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Performance package or ragtop
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2014
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC3333 View Post
If you're still debating between vert and perf pack, do drive both. If it will double as a commuter sometimes, or you think you'll take it on trips, be sure to drive around with the top up on your normal routes.

I have an old convertible, and it only goes out for top-down, leisure drives. I find convertibles for any kind of regular top-up use to be too noisy. Get one out in traffic, top up, with a semi next to you, or a motorcycle behind you. I test drove one on part of my normal commute route and that solidified my decision. I already had a leisure-only convertible and didn't need another. It wasn't going to cut it for me for more regular use. I can enjoy the perf pack suspension out on the twisties everyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownpete View Post
As much as I love convertibles, 4 seater convertibles have just too much wind flying thru the passenger compartment to be fun. I bought my brothers Mustang Vert thinking I'd like it (we love our 350Z convertible) but hated it after driving many 2 seat convertibles. Sold it and bought a hardtop. Wished I drove it before I bought it. The 350z is still here btw.
I think you would find that the Mustang verts, since 2011, are very quiet with the top up. Even the "SYNC voice recognition" works well and no "wind blow through." Of course, my preference was top down if the temp was over 65 degrees

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome