Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Motor Trend--15 Camaro 1LE PP vs 15 Mustang GT PP--Randy Pobst
View Single Post
post #84 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2014
kn7671
PONY Member
5.0L Member

While 2-seconds on a track is significant, it means absolutely nothing on the street as a daily driver back in the real world. We already know the Mustang is on equal terms for acceleration, and Ford does it with a significantly smaller engine while returning better fuel economy along with much better ergonomics over the Camaro (matters in the real world vs the track).

Camaro's have, in general, handled better than Mustangs. It's not that Chevy does it better, its just that Chevy is more willing to step over a proverbial line in the sand to reach a specific goal. In this case, Chevy put more track tuned suspension on the Camaro while Ford put a better package together for the street driver that wants a little more than a base GT.

As for tires, this is huge, and before Randy even drove the two cars on the track I knew the results would favor the Camaro specifically due to the tires in addition to the more track ready suspension.

I don't know about you, but driving and living with 285mm rubber on a 10" wheel up front is not enjoyable, and I think Ford always keeps the daily driver in mind.

All that said, bragging rights are bragging rights, good job Chevy, now go fix the stupid interior, unfriendly ergonomics, and piss poor visibility.

2015 Mustang GT PP 401A Black | Roush Supercharger

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome