Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Motor Trend--15 Camaro 1LE PP vs 15 Mustang GT PP--Randy Pobst
View Single Post
Radioguy
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
Driver variable is what I was pointing out. Most of the cars on the list were driven by Randy Pobst for Motor Trend or TireRack.com.

For comparing cars laptimes, we want as many variables as possible to be the same, which is why I was only comparing times from other cars driven by Randy Pobst.

The driver variable is huge, I doubt many of us could even be within 10-seconds of Randy Pobst times. He was able to record near identical back-to-back 2015 Mustang GT laptimes, so I would say he's able to extract near max potential from every car he tests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
But that wasn't driven on the Streets of Willow by Randy Pobst, he drove it at Laguna Seca instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Well help us out. This seems to say that is where the lap was driven???
Willow Springs - Streets of Willow lap records - FastestLaps.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC3333 View Post
Those pesky facts always get in the way! I would wager Randy's Boss time would be up around his '15 GT time. MAYbe north of it, but definitely south of his GT500 time.
Yes, different driver, but the track was same..Not Laguna Seca. It is always nice to have same exact situations, but doubt other driver was "Rookie." Few comparisons are "perfect."

2013 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Candy Apple Red, Auto, FRPP Tune, GT500 Axlebacks, KONI Yellow Sport (adjustable dampers), FRPP Front and Rear swaybars, Custom Removable 4 Point Roll-Bar, BOSS 302 Low Expansion Brake Lines, Roush side splitters, GT500 spoiler, Redline Tuning hood struts,18" Ford Chromed Aluminum Wheels (9R3Z-1K007-A), Michelin Pilot Super Sports - 235X50X18
2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible - Gone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome